Invisalign and its Effectiveness
Invisalign can be the secret weapon in your straight smile arsenal. Not only can it move your teeth just as effectively as traditional braces, it also allows our adult and teen patients to carry on with their lives as normal. The popularity of this alternative treatment option grows from year to year and we at the Dentique help you to go through this procedure smoothly and effectively.
Are you wondering what Invisalign is and how Invisalign could benefit you? Let’s take a look at all it has to offer!
What is the Invisalign System?
Invisalign is a highly discreet, virtually invisible and hygienic orthodontic treatment that uses an innovative approach to effectively straighten teeth.
With our proprietary SmartForce technology, Invisalign uses a series of custom-made removable aligners created for you and only you. All Invisalign aligners are uniquely designed for each patient. These aligners are made of a practically invisible plastic that is worn over your teeth to gradually move them to the ideal position.
What are the benefits of this treatment ?
There are several specific benefits to your treatment:
- Virtually invisible
Invisalign is a clear alternative to braces, giving you a practically invisible treatment option that helps to keep your confidence during treatment.
- More comfortable
Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional approaches, with no metal brackets to irritate your gums or the inside of your mouth.
● Style factor
The invisibility factor Invisalign offers is probably the most popular feature for our teen and adult patients alike. This makes the treatment very inconspicuous, which can be a big benefit for anyone feeling self-conscious about straightening their smile.
● Brushing is a breeze
A solid dental hygiene routine is always important, but metal braces can make brushing and flossing a little tricky. Invisalign aligners are removed prior to brushing, so taking care of your teeth and gums is no more difficult than it’s ever been. Cleaning the aligners themselves is simple, too.
What’s involved with wearing them?
- The first step in the process involves a visit to an orthodontist, who will create a 3-D image of your mouth and jaw. They’ll use this image to put together a plan for moving your teeth into their proper place.
- The manufacturer of Invisalign clear aligners will then use these records along with the treatment prescribed by your dentist to create a customised 3D treatment plan for you in which you will be able to see the final position your teeth are predicted to reach after the treatment. This treatment plan is used to develop your customised aligners and also estimate the likely length of your treatment.
- Your customised aligners will be manufactured and given to you to wear everyday and change them at home approximately every 2 weeks.
- Visit the Clinic every 6-8 weeks to monitor the progress of your treatment and receive the next set of aligners.
- After your treatment is complete you may need to use retainers to ensure that the new position of your teeth is maintained.
What are the differences between Invisalign and conventional braces?
Conventional braces employ a series of wires, brackets and rubber bands that are affixed to each individual tooth but Invisalign is a clear plastic aligner that is moulded to your teeth. While Invisalign can be conveniently removed when necessary, traditional braces cannot be removed. Though both of their goals are the same, working procedures are different.
What type of dental issues can Invisalign correct?
Invisalign can be used for a variety of purposes, including crowding and spacing issues, as well as some mild and moderate bite issues. It can also recover some types of overbite, underbite and crossbite issues. It can also treat open bite, gap teeth and crowded teeth as well.
Thinking about the next step?
The first step toward achieving a beautiful, healthy smile is to schedule an appointment with us…..
Come and book your free smile consultation today at the Dentique where Kolkata’s most experienced dental experts take care about your dental health with our expert team , better services, comfortable treatment procedures, modern techniques and flexible payments.
WE MAKE ORTHODONTICS FUN !!