Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Some of the benefits of Laser Dentistry includes:
- It causes minimal pain and reduces a patient;s dependency on anaesthesia.
- It removes anxiety and stress in patients who are scared about drilling or tissue removal.
- Less bleeding and swelling occurs during soft tissue treatments.
- Helps in cavity removal.
- Reduces risk during treatments as they are incredibly precise techniques.
- Lasers will sterilize gums lowering the chances of infection.
Some Important Things To Note:
- Lasers cannot be used on teeth which already have fillings.
- This technology can’t be used around old fillings , to remove defective crowns or to prepare teeth for insertion of a bridge.
- Anaesthesia is required in most cases.
- A patient should always wear special glasses to protect their eyes during the procedure.
What is the expected healing time after undergoing laser treatment?
If your dentist uses lasers into your treatment, you can expect a more positive post-operative experience compared to traditional tools like drills or scalpels. Laser dentistry offers a smoother process, minimizing the presence of open wounds and reducing irritation in your mouth. As a result, you should be able to resume your regular activities very soon after the treatment.