The Benefits of Clear Aligners for Orthodontic Treatment
Orthodontic treatments have reached a milestone in recent years due to advancement in technology.Clear Aligners are the new age orthodontic solutions in comparison to age old metal braces. They are commonly known as Invisalign and are a more discreet and comfortable alternative to traditional metal braces.
In this article we will find out the benefits of clear aligners for orthodontic treatment….
What are Clear Aligners?
Clear Aligners are trendy , technologically advanced orthodontic solutions that can straighten and align teeth without the use of metal brackets in the mouth.There may be various clear aligners out of which Invisalign, 3M Clarity and Motion View Aligners are the common type. The patient wears these clear aligners which merge with the original teeth. Force is being applied by these aligners to move the teeth into the correct position.
When to use the Clear Aligners?
Clear Aligners are used for patients who have mild to moderate misalignment. Here are some specific situations where clear aligners can be used…
- Crowded teeth – When your teeth overlap and are placed incorrectly.
- Gaps between teeth – This condition is called Diastemawhich is when there is a gap between your teeth.
- Overbite or underbite – When upper front teeth go out over lower front teeth are overbites and underbites are conditions when lower front teeth go out over the upper front teeth.
- Crossbite – In certain cases upper and lower front teeth do not properly align when biting down resulting in a crossbite.
- Orthodontic relapse – Clear aligners can be used as a post-treatment option to treat any relapse or minor shifting that may have arose after previous orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
Why do you think Clear Aligners are chosen more often in recent times when compared to traditional metal braces?…….While the answer can be analysed through the below mentioned points which focuses on the benefits of the Clear Aligners.
- Aesthetics – One of the most important benefits of clear aligners are their invisibility as they are made from transparent plastics that easily fit into the teeth whereas traditional metal braces had wires and were clearly visible making the patients conscious at every point about their appearance.But these clear aligners are virtually undetectable and very popular among the teens and adults who are likely to experience higher self esteem and are willing to smile more while wearing these appliances.
- Comfort – They are customised to fit into the patient’s teeth perfectly.They do not cause any sort of discomfort inside the patient’s mouth whereas traditional braces had metal wires and they required tightening and adjustments very often, hence causing soreness and pain.
- Removability – Clear aligners are easily removable and can be put in a case while eating.It allows you to eat anything of your choice – unlike the metal braces which made your menu options limited to food items that are not hard , chewy or brittle.This removability is absolutely important to maintain oral hygiene. Patients can brush and floss their teeth normally.
- Improved Oral Health – Clear aligners promote better oral health unlike the metal braces. As these are easily removable while eating and brushing , patients can maintain proper oral hygiene practices.Food particles get easily trapped in between the brackets and wires leading to accumulation of plaque and increases risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Clear aligners eradicate this problem ensuring thorough clean up of the teeth and gums.
- Shorter Treatment Time – Clear aligners provide rapid treatment outcomes as compared to metal braces. The aligners are made using computer softwares that predicts the movement of teeth at each stage of the treatment.This precision reduces the overall treatment duration.This makes them an attractive choice for patients seeking faster orthodontic treatments.
- Convenience – Clear aligners require fewer visits to the orthodontists in comparison to traditional metal braces where frequent visits are necessary to tighten and adjust the braces. A series of clear aligners are provided to the patients which they can change at home on a predetermined schedule.
We may conclude that clear aligners offer numerous advantages for orthodontic treatment. From their nearly invisible look and increased comfort to their removability and shorter treatment timespan, clear aligners have literally changed the orthodontic experience for many patients. If you are considering orthodontic treatment and value aesthetics, comfort, and convenience, clear aligners may be a remarkable option for you.
Thinking of the Next Step ?
Consult our experienced Orthodontists at The Dentique to determine if Clear Aligners are suitable for you…..
Book an Appointment Now with The Dentique – Kolkata’s top rated Dental Clinic with a difference !!
Reveal your Radiant Smile with Clear Aligners ….